What is the Average Cost of Purchasing and Installing a Security Door ?
Security doors come in a range of different designs and prices, so if you’re looking to improve your home security, there will be a door to suit your home, protection needs and budget! Always go with a reputable provider and get your security door professionally installed to ensure it will be able to protect your household the way it has been designed to. Want to get a better idea of the costs involved? Jim’s Security Doors offers a free measure-and-quote service that will provide you with a comprehensive breakdown of the costs involved including the cost of the door and its installation, including any customization or adjustments that might need to be made to the doorway.
So, you’ve made the wise decision to install a security door Melbourne and you’re wondering how much purchasing and installing the door will cost from beginning to end? Broadly speaking, you should budget between $400 and $1500 for the cost of the door and its installation. Prices vary depending on whether you choose a basic model door or a premium design with customization. Jim’s Security Doors will provide a free quote that will include all products and services involved in installing a security door, so that you can enjoy peace of mind that you’ve purchased a quality product that will be able to protect you and your household for years to come.
Here’s what the quote will include:
An Australian Standards approved product
Australian Standards approval means that the security door has been subjected to a series of rigorous tests to ensure its strength and structural integrity. The tests simulate the typical ways that intruders are able to force access to a property and in order to gain Australian Standards approval, a security door must pass all tests, which include the following:
- A knife sheer test, simulating an intruder using a knife or cutting pliers to attempt to slash through the screen;
- An impact test, simulating an intruder using body weight to force the door open;
- An anti-jemmy test, simulating an intruder attempting to use a tool to lever the door screen open;
- A pull test, simulating an intruder attempting to pull the screen out;
- A probe test, simulating an intruder forcing a gap in the security screen; and
- A salt spray test, simulating long-term exposure to corrosive elements.
As opposed to a cheap fly screen door that is generally made from a timber frame with polyester or fibreglass mesh, quality security doors are manufactured from premium materials that are designed to be strong, durable and corrosion resistant. Cheap fly mesh screen doors do not much protection and are not strong enough to withstand a break-in attempt. The main material used in security doors is generally aluminium and steel, which will both stop intruders as well as offering great longevity than fly mesh. For quality material you can ask from property conveyancer they can give you more information about material
Every security door sold by Jim’s Security Doors is custom-made in Melbourne to perfectly fit your door opening and can be customized with powder coating options, heritage-style grilles, or privacy/one-way security mesh.
Although it might seem like a DIY opportunity, installing a security door properly can be a complicated ordeal and, if you get it wrong, the door will potentially be unable to protect your home the way it has been designed to do. Jim’s Security Doors includes the cost of installation in your free quote. A skilled expert will visit your home to measure the space and assess if any adjustments need to be made, that same expert will return to hang the door when it is ready and ensure that it fits correctly in the space and functions as it should.
What can I expect to pay for my security door to be custom-made and professionally installed?
- If you’re interested in the base model, the classic diamond grille design is a great choice and start at around $400-$450 including installation;
- For the premium models, ScreenGuard and PerfGuard security doors offer the best protection and a sleek modern design. Including installation, they generally cost between $900-$1000.
- If you have an older style property, the heritage-style cast aluminium grille security doors offer premium protection and while enhancing the old-world appeal of your home, and cost between $900 and $1500.
For more information about Jim’s Security Doors. Or for expert advice on security doors to suit your home and budget, please contact our friendly and experienced sales team on 13 15 46.